This beautifully illustrated book tells the heartwarming story of a little girl and a duckling, who both grow to understand what it means to care for each other as they learn that love is as much about letting go as it is about holding on. A little girl finds a duckling who has wandered away from the park onto the city streets, and takes it home to care for it. The baby duck requires constant attention—early morning feedings, bathing, and tidying—until the time comes to say goodbye. When her pet has grown too big for the bath, the girl takes the full-grown duck back to the pond. Afterward, she misses it and wonders if it remembers her. One day, the duck comes back—with six ducklings of her own.
• Lyrical text makes the story fun to read aloud
• Teaches responsibility
• Explores the challenges and joys that come with giving and receiving love
Diane Adams is the author of Two Hands to Love You.
Illustrator Claire Keane is the author and illustrator of Once Upon A Cloud and is also known for her development art for the movies Tangled and Frozen.
Fans of Love and Day It Rained Hearts will adore this story.
• Beautiful story for parents and children to share
• Makes a great Valentine or Easter gift for children
• Perfect picture book for children who love animals